Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
David or anyone -- will the Expert .40 and .45 fit in the IDPA box? I've asked the IDPA, HK Sterling, etc. and no one seems to know the answer. I have the .45 so all I need is an IDPA box. But I don't want to buy the .40 Expert until I know for sure that it works. TIA.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have NOT seen an Expert placed in the Box.
Heck, I have only seen a couple of Experts at all and those in store or show. But I have read in AH or FS one, that the Expert was designed to fit both IPSC and IDPA Boxes by .010". An affiliated IDPA club would have been issued a Box. If you are not convenient to get to one, the dimensions are: 8 3/4" x 6" x 1 5/8" The IPSC Box is 225mm x 150mm x 45mm.

·
Registered
29 Posts
At LFI-4 a week and a half ago, the New England regional IDPA competition was held. I brought my 40Expert; Range master had a box; i put my 40Expert in it; fit absolutely perfectly w/ hammer down in all dimensions except for width; lid of box would not fully close; range master said: "it makes no difference. YOu can shoot it." I had the jet funnel on it and there was enough space left so that I am sure that a post-ban mag floor plate would likely have fit; w/o the jet funnel, it was a no brainer; plenty of room; the only issue was the extra width created by the ambi control lever. RO would have allowed me to shoot the weapon in the enhanced category (or whatever the hell it's called).

HTH, tony

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes it will fit in the box, as will the Tactical. The only disadvantage you will have is on (and if) any of the events are single handed events. The 1911's use single stack mags instead of the USP double stacked. Unless you have very big hands, it is more difficult to get a good grip on the USP as it is to get a grip on the thinner gripped 1911s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.