Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi: i am actually carry a Heckler P-9 S in 45 ACP. If you read my prevous topic here, you know that i consider it one of the best pistols ever made. However, i know it fails in certain aspect. One of this, for me, is the way you carry it. There are three, always with a round in the chamber (i really don't like the israeli carry method): double action, single action and single action with the safety on (also double action with safety on, but i don't consider it). Actually, i carry it in double action, but i am wondering how it would be if i carry it in sigle action without the safety, it just that the double action is so long.
What do you think about? Is tecnically and mecanically safe besides the operator?
Do you know of any internal saffeties that can be desactivated in sigle action?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
please don't carry you p9 SA without using the safety, there is nothing else restraining the firing pin. it's like walking around with a SAA at full cock.

i used to carry cocked/locked. i found the safety on the hk almost as easy to flick off as the one on my beretta (it's spring loaded)

for HD, i would leave it in the closet with the hammer down on a loaded chamber. that way i could pull through the DA in a hurry or cock it with the lever (faster then you would think

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answers. Unfortunately, the recoil buffer of my P-9 S is broken again, for the third time. I think is time to retire it as my carry weapon, don't you think. Even if i replace it, i finally lost my faith in it. For the record, i was carry it in double action, saffety off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.