Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David: yuou seems to have the latest information about Heckler und Koch, so here mi question. When will the HK 2000 be available?. Do you have experience with the LEM trigger? And at last, in wich calibers will be available. I could never feel confortable with the USP pistols, and this one is a nice opportunity to try again. Thanks in advance.

G

·
0 Posts
Die,
HK America has not anounced or released info on the second generation pistols yet. It may not be appropriate for me to go into it on this post. Check your private messages.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-05-15 21:53 ]</font>

·
Registered
628 Posts
David, I'd like that info too, if you be so kind to email me. All I know so far is what I have read over on HKPRO :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
I have noticed the rumors are flying on some of the other web sites so I feel it is easier to just explain the pistol here and answer any questions rather than have all of the speculation.

For those that do not know, the P2000 is HK’s next generation pistol in the polymer service pistol line.
The P2000 features a new trigger design for HK made up of 6 parts in total. Including a new hammer mounted striker that allows the pistol to have a re-strike capability in the same manner as a traditional DA pistol with the light pull of the Walther P99, the trigger pull weight is adjustable from 4.5 to 12lbs by manually swapping the coil spring. The P2000 will be available in 9mm and .40 S&W in standard version (with de-cocker) and variant 1 (no levers) (constant trigger pull) will be available for Law Enforcement orders during the end of q3 2001. Magazine capacities are 13rds .9mm and 12rds .40 S&W. for LE and 10rds for civilian use. The frame and slide width are exact to the USP 9mm/40 compact and existing accessories do fit the P2000 accessory rails, slide length is approx 1/8" longer than a USP 9mm/40 compact. A .45acp version with a magazine capacity of 9 rds. Will be available in standard version approx. Q1 of 2002 along with a stainless version and the variant 2-4 models. A noteworthy feature for those that dislike the “blocky” USP grip size and feel is the removable back strap on the P2000 that allows the user to swap differing inserts to improve grip feel and trigger reach. In the hand the P2000 feels very similar to the USP and surprise the Walther P99, the slide profile has been further softened and the nose has a softer radius for smooth holster transitions. Trigger pull with the 5.0lbs spring is very similar to the first cocked shot on the P99, very smooth and very crisp. I have not been able to keep the pistols to live fire and test them, but I have dry fired them. The P2000 is supplied with two magazines, one with standard length floor plate and one with a finger extension.

·
Registered
628 Posts
David, you lucky dog, I take that you somehow got ahold of a T&E gun? What did you think of it?

At any rate, thanks for the info. Much appreciated by all I'm sure :grin:

G

·
0 Posts
Actually I am luckier than that, I have the fortunate luck to have good contacts. One friend is a proposal writer for the GSA purchasing group and the other is a law enforcement distributor, actually he is the owner. In that way I get to see everything from cars to calculators, and I have a very good friend at H&K.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm just glad that I held off buying a USP Compact. If the P2000 is as good as it looks to be, then I'll have my hands on one as soon as is possilbe.

Anyway thanks for the info again David :grin:

·
Registered
628 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :smile:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Anyone have any updates on the P2000? I have seen it showing up in various magazines here recently.

·
Registered
31 Posts
FWIW,

a colleague of mine who is a dealer in Germany just wrote me to say that, because of German military/le requirements borne of recent events, the P2000 has been delayed as to its availabiltiy in the USA. I, however, am in line for the second one he receives. (grin).

tony

·
Registered
628 Posts
Anyone have any updates? I haven't been keeping up on this, to know what's going on.

I bet DiFabio gets one before the rest of us, that dirty dog :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Alright someones either been holdign out on me or my sources are no longer good.

Where did this .45acp P2000 thing come from?

·
Registered
84 Posts
On 2001-05-18 19:38, David DiFabio wrote:
The P2000 will be available in 9mm and .40 S&W in standard version (with de-cocker) and variant 1 (no levers) (constant trigger pull) will be available for Law Enforcement orders during the end of q3 2001.
It's funny how companies like H&K will offer certain action types as LE only for the initial run. FWIW, I went to the H&K show at a local gunshop and they still don't have the new DAO action for USP's available to civilians. (i was more curious than serious about buying one but still)

Beretta is doing the same thing with the vertec. Civvies get the safety/decock model, decock only is for LE right now.

I can see an influx of LE sales taking priority in a production line; that is, HK selling no 2000 pistols to civilians until certain contracts are met. But if they have the potential to make enough guns for both the LE and civilian market, why can't they offer the gun in both versions? Is there an overabundance of decock levers at H&K?

I wonder if it's a marketing reason more than a manufacturing reality. Perhaps an "LE only" action will impress white shirted types who buy LE guns. That type of business decision I could understand

Ted

G

·
0 Posts
Ted,
It is not nearly as complicated as that.

It is all about money for the manufacturer and HK has toyed with the idea of becoming LEO sales only, period, here in the US as non-LE sales of HK products have been and remain very low in comparison to the LE sales volume.

G

·
0 Posts
On 2002-01-01 00:15, Skunkabilly wrote:
[quote:1jc4ixp9]
On 2001-05-18 19:38, David DiFabio wrote:
A .45acp version with a magazine capacity of 9 rds. Will be available in standard version approx. Q1 of 2002 along with a stainless version and the variant 2-4 models.
Right there :smile: Say it IS so!!!
[/quote:1jc4ixp9]

I know that I thought that one of you or maybe everyone but me somehow got a hold of one.....As in where did it come from???

Maybe I should say who has one?

It could happen, hell I still have not been able to get a hold of a PDW to shoot/spend some trigger time with.

·
Registered
84 Posts
FWIW, H&K never seemed to give a darn about
the civilian market. Their Loss.

They did sponsor a team at this years (well I guess last years now) IDPA nationals.

Also, I think the USP civillian sales are hurt by the fact that there are so few hi cap magazines avail for them. IIRC all the HK rep said were available (through them I suppose) were pre ban 9mm and .45 magazaines for the full size models. None at all for the compacts.

Also, I asked the HK rep if I bought a USP if he would convert it to decock only (the ones they had were safety/decock) He told me he had been too many years out of armorers class and couldn't remember how to do it.

Not very inspring to a new customer. Saved me a coupla hundred bucks though.

Ted

On 2001-12-31 19:48, David DiFabio wrote:
Ted,
It is not nearly as complicated as that.

It is all about money for the manufacturer and HK has toyed with the idea of becoming LEO sales only, period, here in the US as non-LE sales of HK products have been and remain very low in comparison to the LE sales volume.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ted Murphy on 2002-01-01 01:22 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts