Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my HK USP 40C a few weeks ago and had a few questions about it?

1. I know that they make a 12 rd. magazine for it and was wondering if there was a pre-ban version that i could purchase? I am not sure how this is possible b/c the gun was made after the ban i believe? If there is any way to get one I would like to have it.

2. I have noticed that on the spring there is a plastic bushing that moves up and down and makes a sound whenever it does so... this is kind of annoying and I didn't realize it till about a week after I got the gun? Is there any way to quiet this?

Sorry for such a long post... Thanks for any help in advanced.

G

·
All 12rd magazines are of post ban manufacture and as such are subject to the same legal restrictions as US made/manufactured magazines.

It sounds as though the buffer on your recoil spring may be cracked or damaged as it should be fairly loose but should not rattle around in the gun. If I am over diagnosing/stating the rattle and it is contained on the spring and the buffer is still restricted you can use some white or blue lithium grease on it to quiet it, Tetra and Wilsons both make a good product.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-10-16 11:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
42 Posts
David is correct about the 12 round mags - they would be LE only AFAIK. I don't ever recall seeing a hi-cap mag for the USP40C though... gray market or not.

As far as the spring bushing - that's quasi-normal. On my 40C and 9C they both have the bushing but I have found that after several trips to the range - the bushing will quiet down (for some reason) even after cleanings.

If it still bothers you - you can do as David said and use some grease.... lightly! Don't glob it on! :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys... I checked the bushing and it isn't cracked. I'll hold off on the grease and see if a few more trips to the range fixes the problem. As for the hi-cap magazine... It does exist, but it is for LE only. Thank again!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.