Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been able to access HKPro site and HK Forum site for some time now. Does anybody know what is going on? When are these sites likely to come back online?

·
Registered
22 Posts
hunter,

The HK Pro site has been down for a while now. He has had trouble getting data switched over to new server. The last word as of 11/15 was that he finally got things transfered and it should be back on line very soon.

The HK Forum is still up, I have not had any trouble accessing it. Somebody else here might have an idea why you are unable to get in. Your bookmark may be bad, try
hk-forum.com entered manually in address bar or file open in your browser.

laters, :cool:

gr

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kahana on 2001-11-16 09:28 ]</font>

·
Registered
19 Posts
The HKPro forums have been down for 2 months, with tons of promises and not a lot of action. Hopefully they will be up soon, because hk-forum.com is an extremely poor substitute. HKPro is the best thing going.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here's the latest-n-greatest on HKPRO's BB... I have reconfigured all of the Members files from the old server only losing 3 people out of 3K+. We are waiting on "The Mother Lode" of data (mainly the postings and associated files) to be transferred/TelNetted to the new server. The BB DOES exist, just there are no postings (except for a few "TEST" posts HKPRO and I have conducted).

Once the old Forums are transferred (about 1.8GB of data) we will repartition the Forum, get it functioning properly then upgrade to the 6.x version of the UBB... once that's done I'll spend about 2 or so hours deleting the older HTML files (the newer version does not run on HTML rather cgi and php scripts). Once all of that is done - we'll be back open for business. Should there be a huge delay (not that this has been a SMALL one) we'll go ahead and open up the BB and basically start over - but that's worse case.

As far as the HK-Forum they are terribly slow, I don't even go there anymore... I was "BANNED" for a comment I made about Nick and his (lack of) business ethic. The comment was made on ANOTHER BB so he (Para) felt it necessary to look me up and ban me. There is more to the story but decorum prohibits me from going further with any comments.

No worries though, my BB has picked up in the past several months (several familiar faces here I see :wink: ) so that's OK.

It's funny but the guys who are 'bashing' HKPRO right now are some of the bigger kiss-ups on the HKPRO BB! What a joke...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stephen on 2001-11-16 14:40 ]</font>

·
Registered
42 Posts
Actually the HK-Forum has been around for a while - at least a year or more. For a while there, they had a few goofballs making all of these inane posts and were sooo opinionated it was offensive. They were such boobs, they were PROMOTED to Moderators! Go figger.

One posting that was made there before they wiped the data was something to do with a guy had just bought a USP40C and was obviously proud of his purchase and posted as much. Well, one of 'the boys' started this, "Well whyfer in the he** did you done bought a 40C when ya coula had a .357 Sig? That weren't very smart uv you.." or somesuch drivel. Talk about pooping on someone's parade!

That's the LAST thing a new HK owner needs to hear... talk about a forced-buyer's-remorse! It was about then when I stopped posting there before my banishment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.