Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...anyone seen this version around lately? If so...wherebouts?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On 2001-10-10 07:41, Monty Grubbs wrote:
Hey guys,

What is it?
...It's a Combat Commander 70 Series In Nickel

What's so good about it?
...It's really nothin' special. Just a model that was made in the thousands like a lot of other Colts...

Am I missing something?
...Not really. The Colts' of that period were just nice in general and this particular one was a model that I like because of it's size and balance. They are still made in Blue and Stainless and some other Custom Shop special configurations. Colt has always had a penchant for turning out lots of different configurations of the 1911...This is just one that I like because of some things that happened in my life during that period...Kind of gives me a warm, fuzzy feelin'...

·
Registered
579 Posts
How about a Colt's Combat Commander in .38 Super, origional, steel, satin nickled with character wear! Scarce?

Mike

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randall_1611 on 2001-10-10 14:38 ]</font>

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I was about ten or eleven, I went to a gun shop in Albuquerque with my father and saw this same gun new. I decided that was the gun for me and obsessed over it for years. Eventually I moved on to other guns and now have two other 1911s. Last week however, one just like it practically fell in my lap. I purchased it cheap and finally own the first gun I ever pined after.
The question now is, do I keep it stock or customize it? If I decide to do the latter, what about the nickel finish? What are my options?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Glenn Plunkett on 2001-10-12 17:05 ]</font>

·
Registered
934 Posts
Had one that I sold more than a decade ago. Biggest damn mistake I ever made. It turned out to be the single best factory 1911 I had ever shot. I musta been a democrat in my previous life.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.