Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a holster for my kimber compact CDP. Strong side, high ride, and tight to the body. Ideally, the hoslter would conceal under a t-shirt, so the barrel of the gun can't protrude that far under the belt line.

Also, need a comfortable, slim, IWB holster for the same!

Any advice would help!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seassa on 2001-05-22 22:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
24 Posts
i ordered a holster from horseshoe leather products...
seems like good stuff, haven't gotten it yet..but the maker andy, answered all my questions before i ordered and was very helpful..(didn't know about alessi products yet or this board, sorry lou...)
i will include horseshoe's link here, http://www.horseshoe.co.uk/catalog.htm

but the guys on this board will definitaly point you in the right direction.. (or confuse you more) but lou allesi's stuff looks like primo merchandise, if you scroll through the posts you will find links to his products..or he can email you them, when he reads this...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I know you've probably got a reason for wanting two seperate holsters but why not just get a good IWB and use it in either instance?

I like the Alessi Hideout. I'm not sure if it'll be the cat's pajamas for you and your gun but it works well for the largish framed Rugers I tote around.
http://www.rfholsters.com/rfholsters/de ... pt%5Fid=10

Now there's a whole passle of holsters and with the 1911 style being as popular as it is most holster models are made for it. Alessi makes several that're thought well of by folks whose opinions I respect. Look at the CQC and the DOJ at the above link. Lou also makes a couple of special holsters aimed at 1911s and the folks that love 'em. There's the GWH available only through Dane Burns but you might have to buy one of Dane's full house custom guns to get one, lol. (I could be wrong about that though...) It's a callaborative effort between Lou and Dane. In addition Lou makes a version of the DOJ for Dick Heinie that reflects Heinie's ideas of how a holster ought to be. The Heinie DOJ is only available through Heinie. (Unfortunately I don't have links handy to either of their sites but someone around here does, surely. :wink: )

Also, I like the Milt Sparks holsters, in particular the Versa-Max II. http://www.miltsparks.com I haven't bought any leather from Tony Kanaley but I have taken a good hard look at some of it and I can see the quality. (This just means I'm a picky bastard.) When I have a nice enough gun to warrant it I'm going to get a VM2.

Of course there are others but I haven't looked as closely at them and there's other folks here abouts that can speak for 'em from experience.

"All cats are gray in the dark" - Benjamin Franklin.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShortRound on 2001-05-22 23:38 ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.