Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have carried the #30 off and on. Lately I am going more with a compact Kimber. I did like the G30, but it was so thick on my belt!! Both the pistol and the double spare mag pouch were really a little much.

That being said, if someone was a die-hard Glock fan, I would definitely recommend the 30. You can carry 31 rounds of 45ACP on your person utilizing a compact pistol!

Not bad in my book!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used to carry a 30, but opted for the 27 40S&W this time, because of its slightly more compactness, and less weight. I really liked my 30 I had however, and really might had gone with it, but I can't stand paying the differnce for a 30 than the 27 or 29, that too many people charge. I mean I know the 30 is a little more expensive, but not nearly what many charge....Back when I bought my 30, it was only about $20.00 more than the 27/29. That I could live with. At first I carried Hydra-Shock, but later found after firing a few brands into water and soaked telephone books, that Gold Dots were the best choice for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etherfac on 2001-09-15 17:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just picked up a used G30 w/trijicons for a very resonable price and plan to carry it with either 230gr Hydrashocks or Golden Sabers once it's passed my shakedown tests. New these pistols are going for around $489 w/o nights and $545 with. So far it's proven accurate and reliable and only set me back $450. :grin:

Rick

·
Registered
97 Posts
The G30 is my daily carry gun. I use a Sidearmor IWB and a BladeTech single mag pouch on the other side.

About the only time I don't carry it is if I'm going to the range and plan to shoot the G21. On those days I just carry the G21 concealed (under a vest).

I load both with Federal's HydraShok.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I also carry my Glock 30 in a Blade Tech IWB with j-hooks, and spare magazine in a fobus magazine pouch (they work really well). I carry it with FMJ because here hollow points are forbbiden for carry. I like to say that the best 45 ever made is the HK P-9S, and i still say that, even after mine get broken for the third time, but also i can assure that the 30 is near it at the top, with the bonus of its durability. Probably the best Glock ever made.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I previously carried a G36, but now carry a G30 for daily carry. I use Corbon's 200gr +P JHP's as a carry load and stoke it with 185gr STHP's for home use. The wife can shoot it much better due to the mild recoil.

It can be a bit thick IWB, but it is "carryable". Jacket weather is coming very soon, so carrying the G30 will be much easier.

Good Shooting
RED

·
Registered
580 Posts
Tried getting a 30 to "work" as a CCW gun for a couple of years on & off. Went back to a 21 as it fits a large hand much better & CCW's as well or better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I alternate between my G30 and G27 for carry. I use a fanny pack almost exclusively and load both Glocks with Federal HydraShoks because these loads feed 100% reliably and shoot to point of aim at 10 yards.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.