Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Far to many! The guns are not the problem thought, its all the equipment/ammo that sometimes makes it a chore. Usually end up taking all my Glocks, a couple .22 rifles, and couple of .22 pistols.

When my Kimer get back from the Smith you can add one more to the list.

Tim

·
Registered
548 Posts
I actually take three pistols to practice, or two pistols and a rifle.

My STI Limited gun or my Steyr Production gun, the associated backups, and a 22 rifle or pistol.

After practice, I play with the 22's. I really think ending a practice session on a fun note is good for the mental game. Knowing that practice is fun makes me want to do it again. Dwelling on how bad I sucked, coulda… shoulda…. Woulda….. blows my next match.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
321 Posts
When I go shooting, I only bring 2 pistols with me at a time...my 22lr revolver goes everytime and then either one of my 9's or 45's. I go through a certain established practice routine and having multiple calibers and trigger pulls doesn't lend itself to a good practice session for me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep... exactly what Jester said.

I always bring the Dan Wesson .22 revolver. Then I usually bring one centerfire revolver or auto.

Unless I'm introducing someone to shooting then I usually bring the .22, a S&W .38/.357, a Taurus or CZ 9mm and a 1911. Just to sort of cover all bases in a few mintues.

·
Registered
43 Posts
6 pistols, a 22 high standard, 380 beretta, 44 Mag super redhawk, colt, baer, and kimber 45's, Rem. 243 rifle, 50 cal muzzleloader, and sometimes my beretta over under if I feel like getting out the clay target thrower. Thats enough fun for one day! I do this in my backyard (also known as a 300 acre field :lol: )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.