Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you guys shoot?How many rounds?I try to shoot at least once a week and 500 rounds.And an other 500 .22 LR rounds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 38 Super Combat Commander on 2001-06-21 18:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
939 Posts
Not as much as I used to, or as much as I would like.

Lately, if I can push 200 rounds a week through the pistola, double that through the M4, and a quarter of that through the bolt rifles, I am lucky. I miss the days of going out and blasting, now, with so few rounds fired, it is all pretty strict.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
300rds in two sessions if it's a busy week, just one session...I have to get out more...sheesh

·
Registered
129 Posts
About 3 100 round sessions and 1 200 round shoot! I try to shoot at least 300 to 400 rounds per week. All are .45, mostly reloads, recently I have been shooting some S&B 230gr fmj.
Am I getting any better??? I don't know, some sessions are good, some not so good. I know if my schedule prevents me from shooting I go to hell pretty fast! It then takes a week of shooting to get back to somewhat normal for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
At least once per week, for a few hours, up to 300 rounds max. Sometimes, several times in a week, but not often. Now that i have a shotgun, i'll have to factor in some practice time for that. :smile:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Quanity vs quality.

A lot of folks are putting a lot of rounds downrange. In all honesty, I cannot put several hundred rounds downrange in a shooting session. I work from cancealed carry, gun or guns carried daily, and all shooting is done in tactical situations, from leather. Nearly all shots fired are while on the move lateral, forward, or backward, to cover, and shots from cover. I use both paper and steel.

Normal session, once or twice a week, weather permiting, is 50 to 100 rounds. I usually shoot some sort of match every month. Last week we shot a three gun match. This week, IDPA at a different range, etc.

GLV

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.