Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this IS a pistolsmith forum...

Got an NAA Guardian - a gun with no ejector. NAA says here that the last round out of the mag is SUPPOSED to stovepipe - your friendly "empty gun indicator".:roll:

Heard about some type of mag follower fix (weld up??) that is supposed to correct this issue.

Any help from the pistolsmiths?

BTW, PLEASE no smart alek replies like "Get a 1911!" I have several pistols and I like this one just fine for its intended purpose.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: logansdad on 2001-07-17 09:52 ]</font>

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha ha ha, Spackler. Knew I'd get a few, especially since I gave the ultimatum. That's OK.:smile:

BTW, I owned a P-11 at one time. If the P32 is anything like it, I'll pass. I just wasn't impressed by the Kel-Tec.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I really like my P32. It is actually my wife's. It does not see hard use by any means, but so far it's been reliable and I was very surprised by it's accuracy. Certainly not something I'd go out and run a couple hundred rounds through a week, that's for sure, but it's pretty slick, in an ugly kind of way.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Me own an NAA Guardian and have never had a stove pipe to occur. Could my machine need repair performed at the factory, or should I just live with the problem?

Ed

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ed, if you click on the link in my first message, you will go to NAA's response to the stovepipe question. They say it is designed to do this. If yours never has, then you are lucky.

I realize that since this little gun doesn't have a slide lock, you would have to rack the slide when reloading anyway, but I'd prefer not to have to clear a stovepipe at the same time.

Someone on another board long ago posted a message about building up a bump on the mag follower to allow consistent ejection of the last round. Can't locate it though.

I thought that on a pistolsmith board, I would get some helpful input, but I guess if it's not a 1911, they don't care. Or maybe they don't know either.:sad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.