Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dear Zayomabi,

Down the list a bit is a HS2000 listing started by Arrowlauncher. I have a HS2000 and I'll briefly recap my experience. I picked it up last week. Cost was $300. I ran 50 rounds of American Eagle ammo through it. The gun is stunningly accurate. 50 foot head shots on an IDPA target are a piece of cake. The trigger has a fair amount of takeup to it, but breaks cleanly. I've stripped the gun and find nothing cheap about it. The design is extremely good. The materials and workmanship are high quality. It has a dual captured spring recoil system and the recoil when you shoot it is very mild. Much less than I expected from such a light gun. In conclusion, they either really know what they're doing or they've got me completely fooled. Best Wishes, Mark Shuell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I was impressed with the pistol. I was a bit suspicious of such a good pistol for $400.00. Guess that shows how jaded I've become.

I only saw 9mm versions at Rangemaster. Anyone know if it comes in 40S&W?

·
Registered
213 Posts
We've had a couple of these guns in rental service now since the first of the year. This would include the one you shot at Rangemaster. The class/rental guns get shot A LOT, and get infrequent cleaning and lubrication. The HS2000's have worked very well and shown no appreciable wear. I would have to say it is the best $400.00 handgun I've seen.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've heard positives about the HS 2000 as well, but the recent threads at hs2000talk on failures to extract have me concerned about getting one.

Can anyone comment on how the different generations stack upagainst one another?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just got December's American Rifleman yesterday. It seems Springfield Armory has bought the import rights for the HS2000, and is calling it the XD (Xtreme Duty) pistol. Read on hs2000talk where a guy called SA and was told that SA will honor the warranty on ALL these guns, including the ones previously imported. I would verify this for yourself, however, if you own one. I might have to check one out!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brandon on 2001-11-20 15:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
934 Posts
The 2 I've tried seems as good as any Glock. There's also a couple of things I prefer in the HS. Better grip angle and metal magazines that have no trouble dropping free from the magwell.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I saw an HS2000 today, now with the Springfield name on it. Funny how putting that name on it suddenly makes the price jump up to nearly $500. I laughed out loud. It was sitting in the middle of a shelf full of Glocks, most priced forty or fifty bucks under the price marked on the "Springfield". I'm sure the HS2000 is a great buy at $250 or $300, but for $500, they can keep it. I'll take one of the Glocks.

·
Registered
827 Posts
On 2001-05-31 23:53, Ed Ely wrote:
Just check out this site http://www.hs2000talk.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi and you will find a lot of happy campers who own the HS2000.

Ed
Glad to comment. Don't use cheap ammo.

Seriously, I was one of the early HS2000 owners and have had almost no problems. I did run into one batch of wallyworld white box that it wouldn't eat but only that once. Other than that it's be flawless. vluc, you'd like it since the frame size and angle are almost identical to SIGs. In fact, the prior version looked just like a 226.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.