Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally finished my latest 9x23 project. I took a pre-70 series 38 super and converted it to 9x23. Bar-Sto barrel and wilson parts. I also did the E-Nickel myself and I had to cut the grips downfrom 3/8 thick to 1/4" thick and refinish them. I think I'm getting the hang of this stuff. What do ya think.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are Desert Idlewood. At least thats what the guy said I got them from. I didn't want to checker them because it would hide the grain. It reminds me of burled walnut.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A Friend of mine is a gunsmith and I've been after him to do some nckel plating. Well after 7 months he agreed that if I helped him I could do mine own gun that I've been working on. So I did. First I prepped all the edges and then I glassbeaded the entire gun inside and out. Next I polished the side of the slide, breech face and frame ramp with 400 grit paper. Washed the gun in parts cleaner,washed it off with running water and put it in a detergent soulution for 15 minutes. Next I rinsed it with water for 3 minutes and put it in some sort of etch until the metal started to smoke. At that point I rinsed it with distilled water and put it in the nickel solution that was heated to190-195 degrees for 45 minutes. He had a big glass beaker with a hot plate that had a magnetic spinner built in. After 45 minutes I removed the parts and rinsed in running water for 5 minutes.

Next time I think I'll send it to Tripp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.