Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked a Kimber custom parkarized in Jan. of 2001 and have over 2400 rounds through it of mostly may 200 gr SWC. My only complaint is that the finish on the slide is wearing off from my kydex holster.

Any body else?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Parkerized? Really? Are you sure it’s not the standard "black" Kimber finish or is it some type of custom or new finish Kimber offers. I’ve never heard of Kimber offering parkerizing from the factory. As for wear, it’ll show with most every finish eventually. My best suggestion would be to have the gun hard chromed. Absolutely the best type of finish, IMO.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Two year old Kimber Gold Combat here. God only knows how many thousand rounds have gone through it. Boring, boring, boring. Goes bang every time. Nothing ever breaks. Dead nuts accurate. I've had it apart many times. No discernable where anywhere. I've compared it to full custom Caspians, Colts, semi-custom Les Baers, Wilsons, what have you. I'll keep the Kimber thank you. Best Wishes, Mark Shuell.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I acquired a Custon Stainless earlier this year. It's been great. It is the sixth 1911 I have owned and the one I like best so far. It is tighter and more accurate than the Colt Gold Cup it replaced.
I was going to get the standard matte blued model but my shooting partner talked me into the stainless one.
I had two failures to feed in the first 200 rounds with target 200 gr. swc ammo. I bought 1,000 Precision Bullets 230 rn coated bullets and am half way through them without a single glitch. After I've shoot them all up I'm going the try the 200 swc again. But boy does it shoot good.

http://www.precisionbullets.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.