Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I buy a lot of 9mm practice ball ammo. I can't seem to beat Century's price on PMP ammo. I can get 1,000 round delivered to my door for $110.00. No shipping charges. No sales tax. In June they had .45 ACP for $149.00/1,000 also a delivered price.
I have been thru thousands of rounds of PMP with only one dud (I noticed a single 9mm round had a small hole in the primer while loading and discarded the round). I also use a lot of S&B with NO complaints. But every time I see S&B or other non-Russian ammo for sale at a price close to Century's prices it's PLUS shipping! I'm always looking for a deal. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Evanmarshall,
Yes, in fact I clicked on your link and did a spot check on 9mm ammo.
The S&B (good but inexpensive) was $129.00/1000 delivered.
The hot surplus Greek ammo was the same price.
I check AmmoMan every time I purchase. I hear they are great people, ship fast, and take care of customers.
Call me a cheap-skate...but their prices for comparable 9mm practice ammo is nearly $20/thousand higher.
I'm still looking. Thanks for the link!
Bob

·
Registered
79 Posts
Try http://www.natchezss.com

On some of their ammos, they have really good prices, but on sale, they have some great prices. Unlike ammoman, you do have to go through the process of the whole order to figure out what shipping will be. For 1000 rounds of .45 ammo, I use the figure of $20 as the estimated shipping if I am comparing prices between places that don't include shipping. This usually works for the .45 just fine, but be careful of places that leave you with a hefty handling charge. That has not been a problem for me with Natchez.

Right now, Natchez has S&B 9mm ball for $5 a box, plus shippting, so probably around $120 for a case of 1000.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DBL 00 Spy,
I'll keep checking with Natches. Thanks for the link. At $120/1000 they are within $10 and when it's that close, the customer service is sure a tie-breaker.
Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.