Pistol Smith Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
if you don't want/need all the bells and whistles, I picked up my Springfield GI .45 for $400 out the door. decently accurate, dead reliable. what else do you need??

·
Registered
40 Posts
The new Auto Ordnance made by Kahr Arms is only $420, and is a very nicely done, quality piece. The Springfield Armory WW11 parkerized is only $409, and is one hell of a good buy. The Rock Island Armory 45's are less than $300 and are reliable and accurate. You can find the Springfield Mil specs for $450 or so, $500 for the stainless model. Any of the above (I do own all of those mentioned) will serve quite nicely. No problems or complains with any of them.......... As in "period". Best of Luck.

·
Registered
934 Posts
At this price range your best choice will be the Springfield Mil-Spec or GI. Even here in L.A. I've seen them for as little as $399.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Springfield Mil Spec Stainless

Just picked up a Springfield Mil Spec in stainless for $440.00 out the door. I was really impressed by the fit and finish. The flats of the slide and frame are very nicely polished. The top of the slide is of a bead blasted, non-glare, finish. I will let you know how it shoots when I get it out.

Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
as far as i am concerned

other than a wilson or brown the only 1911 is a springfield - or kimber or sti or... well in that price range springfield. get the GI -- basically same as milspec but a little less.

·
Registered
45 Posts
1911 less 500.00

My Rock River Arms 1911 clone lost front sight on first shooting after seven rounds.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: 38 super combat commander:
You have to look around. Last week I bought a RIA customized 1911 38 super with a ton of extra parts and accessories along with 1500 rounds of Aguila ammo....price $850.00. If you break that down, the ammo was worth $600.00 and it had 8 magazines to boot, worth maybe $25.00 each or say $200.00 plus. Then there was a range bag, a belt and an expensive holster. I also found a bag of reloads in the box, say 200 loose rounds, some good, some bad. Best buy I ever made!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rock for $469. Best of the cheap 45s and yes the warranty is real, plus their smiths are top of the heap.

Sorcerer

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently purchased a Remington R1 in stainless for $575, and while I'm a Colt fan, this is a pretty nice pistol for the money. $500 is a pretty low price point for a decent quality 1911.

·
Registered
1 Posts
but i bought this SA loaded model because i got it for CHEAP! literally. new they were on the dealers shelves for $649. i got this one dirty (slightly used) for $400 out the door.

can i do anything to get it blued? i know that you cant 'blue' or 'parkerize' stainless but ive got to do something with this poor gun so it can come out of the safe and digest some rounds...

·
Registered
724 Posts
If you check the date on the post, you'll see he had to be looking for 9 years in order to take your advice.
Almost 10. He's probably worn that Pointman out by now.

·
Registered
707 Posts
but i bought this SA loaded model because i got it for CHEAP! literally. new they were on the dealers shelves for $649. i got this one dirty (slightly used) for $400 out the door.

can i do anything to get it blued? i know that you cant 'blue' or 'parkerize' stainless but ive got to do something with this poor gun so it can come out of the safe and digest some rounds...
I don't get it. Why not shoot it as is?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I can appreciate that, but it's best to thoroughly test it before changing anything.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts