Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have carried a 38 Super for at least the last 13 years or so.Well that was till last week when I started carrying one of the 45`s that I have had for some time.I can finnally shoot it as well as my 38 Super.So many people told me a 45 is the way to go,so for now I will carry my 45 until I find something better.Thanks for all the advice guys.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You know 9x23 is where it is at. Convert that old .38 super.

Or maybe .45 super is where we should be looking....

Or maybe .45 SMC....

Or maybe...

Anything you are confident in is the gun to carry. Unless you live in NJ then it is illegal to carry anything. (Unless you go through numerous hoops like a certain person on here)

·
Registered
581 Posts
And while you are throwing those big heavy bullets around, be thinking of a new user name.

Maybe..
Super Bad
Ditched The Super
45 Combat Commander

???

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
350 Posts
I sent Dane an e-mail about building me a .45 super officers model like Robar builds, or maybe just a 45 super or maybe just an officers model. He answered me: "Jake, that's easy to answer - NO 45 supers and NO officers model. Neither has the reliability I require for it to leave my shop..." (I am paraphrasing here, but that's how I remember it). So, since I believe the man, I have lost interest in the 45 super. Maybe if I get so good with a plain old 45 that I can get bored with shooting rapid fire one inch groups at 25 yards offhand THEN I will look back into the super, until then I am sticking with the largest caliber that I can reasonably control.

But, I hope your .45 serves you well. I like the .45 a lot too, but I think we pay way to much attention to caliber and platform and not near enough to mindset.

Jake

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mindset first, then shot placement. If you can access a shotgun or rifle as opposed to a handgun, do it, but also keep the handgun on your person(& shoot the biggest handgun caliber you can properly utilize). Stay Alert, Stay Alive....

·
Registered
113 Posts
... I started carrying one of the 45`s that I have had for some time.
OK, Armond, maybe NOW I'll go shooting with you!! :smile:

Hey, guess who just found almost a year's worth of missing, undelivered e-mail on their server -- including one from you dated 27 May? Uh, yes, that would be me. I'm really sorry that I never got back to you!

Anyway, when I get back to the North Country, I'd be delighted to look you up and take you up on your offer of a day at the range. Might be a little while though, given the present unpleasantness ... :sad:

Chuck (an expatriate from Peterborough)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.