Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I recently completed my class as an IDPA SO. I think that I should have my own timer. I'm familiar with the CED 6000 and the PACT Club Timer II. Competition Electronics makes one, but I don't know anything about it, nor the Speed-Timer 3000. So I'd like your experience, the good, bad, and ugly, before I lay down my cash. Also, where should I shop?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have had nothing but good experiences with Competition Electronics so I would recommend their Pocket Pro. Comparable in price to the Pact Club, and I like the button set up better; simpler and more intuitive in my opinion. I don't think that you can go wrong with either Pact or CE; both are quality products. CE's customer service is also very good. I just recently had my Pro TNT timer/chono (which they stopped making some time ago) refurbished after about 10 years of hard use.
Bill Go

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am very happy with my pact club timer but if buying again i would go with the more expensive pact timer which allows you to add a chrono. Sometimes they offer a package deal where they basically throw in the chron screens.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have a PACT digital scale and chronograph. The PACT timer is a little more expensive than some of the others. I used a CED at the last match I SOd at. I had to re-run a shooter because I accidentally put my finger over the mic. Crap!
Thanks for the input. Keep it coming.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I am a dealer for PACT products. I don't stock a lot of their stuff (just not enough mark-up to justify it).

If/when you decide on PACT, let me know.
I'll see what I can do for you.

Check them out at http://www.pact.com/

My email is in my profile.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyle Farris on 2001-11-15 21:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought the PACT club timer a couple of months ago. I've use both the PACT and the CE quite a lot. I like the big start button on the Pact since I mostly use it in dry fire drills. It's easy to read when clipped on your belt or pocket and easy to scroll through your splits. I think it's a toss up between the two honestly. Both function roughly the same. The big Pact timer has some advantages with the chrono hookup and printer interface but it's a bit of overkill for my needs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the Pact Mark 4, in fact I bought it from Kyle a few months back. He sent me the last one he had in stock that he was going to use for himself. Thanks Kyle.

It does have way too many functions. Once you get use to it, it's really easy to use. My only complaint is the display is too small for the ARO to read.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Scooter,

I managed to round one (Mk-IV) up for myself on the next order from PACT. I notice that when you pull that big-boy out at the range people look at you like you know what you are doing.

...don't know if that is good or bad.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have a PACT MKIV and I like it a lot. But, if I had to do it over again, I would just get a PACT Club. You know, the black one shaped like a turd. Its buzzer isn’t loud enough for some range (guys who double plug) use, but great for dry fire. And its ability to test reaction time is great.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yup, have to second the motion for the Pact Club II. I love mine. Our club has several CED timers, and I've RO'd with them for the last couple of years, but now I take my Pact and use it instead. Much easier and more intuitive to use, better display and better handling characteristics (as you're trying to juggle the timer, clipboard, etc.)

Chad

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.