Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the cat is out of the bag. I knew that IDPA had asked several people to be area coordinaters. First off let me say I know two of them that have accepted the responsibilities of AC and some of the ones that were asked, but I do not know if they have all accepted. They are all first rate people. Since Mikey and Myron let it be known on the IDPA list that they are AC's, for Tennessee and Kentucky, and Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi respectively. I will mention them. If any of the others who are to be AC's are members of this forum, I will let them make that announcement. Congratulations Mikey and Myron.

I think this is a good thing for IDPA. There needs to be a two-way line of communication from local clubs to the IDPA BoD. This is going to be it. As I understand it, AC's are to review all COF's for sanctioned matches and insure that all clubs are on the same page. I have only had one real untasteful experience within IDPA at a major santioned match. If an AC had reviewed that COF, I feel it would have been either eliminated from the match or it would have been changed accordingly. I was not the only one that was not happy with that match.

I have only seen how clubs are run in the southeast, and they are top notch. Safe and courteous SO's, challenging COF's, and just good people to be around. If all clubs within IDPA are like these, it's no wonder why membership is growing so fast.

I wish AC's would have been in place before the last rule changes came out, but so be it. I, for one, am going to support the concept, and the people who are going to be AC's. I am optimistic about this and I hope others are as well.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Congrats guys. It’s a thankless job that has to be done. I hope this will lead to two way communication between HQ and us grunts.

Tom
USPSA SC, Eastern Colorado

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.