Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. Went to the desert today to shoot some of the 1500 rounds I loaded last weekend (200 grain FPJ & 5.7 grns of W231) to make sure I met the 165 power factor in my new Kimber Pro Carry HD and guess what... 152. Bummer. I guess I have a few rounds to use to complete the break-in process. I shot a friends 200 grn plated SWC with 5.2 grns of Titegroup and came in at around 825. Does anyone have any verified recipes for a 200 grn FPJ in a 4" barrel to meet CDP power? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
What powder do you want to use?

I've been using a 200FP over 8.3gr of AA#5 at 1.250 OAL at about 840fps. There's a gazillion ways to get there...With the temp droppin' better make sure to allow for cooler climes if you're cuttin' it close.

Here's a page that may help with your searches in the future. Good luck...

http://www.reloadammo.com/rel-powd.htm

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here is what my brother shoots from his Kimber Classic .45acp Rainier 200gr FP bullet, OAL: 1.250" Crimp: .470"
Hodgon Clay 4.9gr with an avg velocity
of 839= 167,800 power factor. Hope that helps. Always start with a lower powder weight as your scales might not read as mine do. Chad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.