Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When shooting an IDPA competition requiring concealment, What kind of Garment do you wear?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a rather large denim, long sleeve work shirt that I wear over a sport shirt. I leave the bottom untucked as you would a light jacket.
If the weather is foul, I wear a rain jacket over a shirt.
These work rather well for me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wear the same stuff i wear every day. Usually a vest of some type, might be from walmart or a nicer store. might be made of nylon (like a wind breaker) or denim or cotton or a sweater vest... whatever works in my wardrobe.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have a lightweight North Face vest I picked up at Garts Sports a couple years ago. Seems to work for me. It’s thick enough that I don’t print, but it is not thick enough be to real cumbersome. I might have to reinforce the liner near the gun as its getting a tad bit threadbare.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Like Neil, I'm not much of a "vest" kinda guy. I usually have the "lumberjack" look goin' on. Plaid flannel shirt, untucked, overtop of a t-shirt or sweatshirt.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I usually wear an oversized denim shirt or a windbreaker as my cover garment. When I'm feeling ornery I'll wear an old sweater so I can practice the rip 'n grip presentation.

Chad

·
Registered
274 Posts
Shane, you could get away with that. :smile: Here in Tennessee where the humidity and temperature can be the same number in the summer, 90F, can not get away with that. I like light vests over a cotton t-shirt. The "Hawaiian" shirt over a light t works as well. Just about anything works in the winter when it is cooler. Snow, what's that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.