Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Since the IDPA has seen fit to drop the 10mm into the ESP division,we are going to need some loads that meet the minor power factor of 125,000. Has anyone experimented with anything like this? I have to wonder if the pressure wave of a low power load would come into play since all my loading manuals have starting loads well above this. They also do not recommend going below the starting loads.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
581 Posts
How about 0.9 grains of Bullseye or Vhit N310 under a 135 Nosler? Insert wicked grin here. Gamers of the world unite...

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have low end 10mm data as follows:
Layne Simpson
155 gr SWC + 4.0 gr Bullseye = 838 fps
Lyman Pistol & Revolver 2d Ed.
150 gr JHP + 4.7 gr Red Dot = 864 fps
Oregon Trail/Laser Cast
155 RN + 4.4 gr Clays = 1017 fps
Caution! I do not have a 10mm to work with, these are just starting loads out of books on hand.

·
Registered
274 Posts
How about a large rifle magnum primer and 200gr lead bullet. I can see saving a lot of money now. :smile:[mexican accent]We don't need no stinking powder!!![/mexican accent] :smile:

Seriously though. Try 4.0gr N310 with a 180gr lead. I am using, WSP, 4.2gr N310 with a 155gr West Coast RNFP for a PF of 140 now in ESP. Very consistent.

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks .... It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away". Robert K. Dornen, U.S. Congressman. 1995

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: John Forsyth on 2001-06-22 09:35 ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.