Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experimented with any sort of Nano-sized tracking tech and if so...What was the detail?

:sad:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
:eek: Are you sure you're posting this is the right forum? This is a GUN forum, pal!!!
:wink:

I don't think I like the sounds of these nano-sized little critters running around. Do they look like this? >>>

Ok, seriously - what the heck are we talking about? I'm assuming you mean some kind of high tech tracking device to affix to your weapon, should it be lost or stolen. Or perhaps a security feature that "locks out" the gun if certain bio-chemical elements are not detected in the users hand?

You're scaring me gyp_c!!!! :wink:

G

·
Gypc_2,
Sorry for the delay I just saw your post/question.

I belive you are requesting feedbcak on devices with a light wavelength of 800-950 nanometers?

If so, I have always like the Spectra-Physics DCR-11-3D Nd-YAG Laser,
I use a Plasma Quest 10" multipolar ECR system for semiconductor processing. The PlasmaQuest has features that include a wafer load lock, turbo pumping, RF powered heatable and coolable electrode, vertical wafer translation ability, a downstream processing chamber, a downstream gas feed ring and full computer control.

Of course all semi conductor testing must be performed in a clean room.

How are you measuring/montiroing your chips?
My favorite indirect method is through direct observation using the Zeiss differential interference contrast microscope.

The use of these chips allowed for the development and launch of the "picosatellite system".
The nice thing is that once you have deployed using the OPAL you can monitor the constellation of picosats with any common 50 meter dish.

The real reason for the development of this technology ius for the increased ease to monitor both fleet and distributed vehichle systems.

The Picosats do not currently run on the secure Gov't 21ghz system so cunsumers/citizens do not need to fear wide spread abuse at this point.

Will you be attending Sat Max on Sept. 18, 19 in Laurel?
Dr. Chao will once again be speaking orbital dynamics and I have always like his work since my days as a student at MIT.
The info alone is worth attending IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-07-08 12:07 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I scare MYSELF all the time...

...Guess I better get some sleep huh?

...BUT, if anyone has any info on such a "hypothetical" device...I'd love to hear about it...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
C,mon...we're just talkin' about locatin' trucks...nothin' sinister here...

G

·
Guy's no, I am not kidding, yes pacosats do exist and are in orbit today, yes they utilize nano chip systems.
Shane,
I have emailed you with some info.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I do recall a couple of years ago, G&WLE magazine had a blurb, in it's new product section, about a chip that could be installed in the right grip panel of a pistol. Apparently, it could track, the shots fired, time, angle of fire...etc. Is that what you're asking about?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Somewhat Mute...David described some of the uses and equipment in his post above and provided a link to some basic info.
The uses of devices this small are being expanded rapidly. There will be more of it mentioned as those uses are expanded into more accessible devices and products.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Ok guys here's that info I promised. This was from the 2/98 issue of G&WLE magazine. Apparently this device can record: the time to the milisecond, the date, the compass heading direction within one degree of accuracy and the angle pus or minus 90 degrees from a level plane. The info can be stored for 5000 shots and then retrieved by a computer. It weighs less than 2 ounces. Here's the listed contact info:

Accu-Counter
180 Barnwood Dr., Dept G&W
Edgewood KY 41017
800-894-2228

This is assuming these guys are still in business.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.