Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in SOF magazine that the Israeli Border Police pistol is the Jericho 941F.

Does anyone know anything about this gun?

I would think it was good due to the fact that the Israelis probably get in lots of fire fights and would want a reliable weapon?
:smile:

Thanks

·
Registered
388 Posts
The Israeli police and Border patrol are issued IMI Jericho single action in Hard Chrome and will soon get a newer version with a polymer frame and accessory rails. Some of the guys chose to keep the Browning hi powers and the HRT unit uses glock 19c with mepro sights (red front/ narrow).

Choosing of the IMI had nothing to do with which was better, only politics where involved.

I have shot the police IMI Jericho and it is a pretty comfortable gun and handles well.

It isn’t manufactured by IMI but in Europe as an OEM for IMI, I don’t remember which country in Europe but they also manufacture the BUL M5 and Storm polymer frames.

Hope this helps,

Shay

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yes, Tanfoglio is the maker of the major parts; the Jericho is mechanically a CZ clone like the Witness, but with styling changes. I have read that IMI made their own barrels, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.