Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new AMERICAN HANDGUNNER's cover story is on a 5" Springfield Armory 1911 by Larry Vickers. In one of the beautiful Nagata photos, this $4,000 blaster is laying atop a web belt fitted with a pair of the Milt Sparks molded "hytrel" double magazine pouches. These pouches, which sold for less than $10 apiece, were some of the best values ever and were practically indestructable. If a single mag pouch was preferred, two minutes work with a razor-knife and the double mag pouch yielded two singles.

Many years ago, Milt told me that he never really figured out how to market these. The typical Sparks customer just didn't WANT plastic mag pouches. Having considerable money invested in the mold, Milt let a fellow sell these out of Phoenix for a time and, finally, Gunsite bought the mold and sold them in their pro shop. I don't know if the mold is still around, but these pouches were a fabulous deal while available.

Rosco

·
Registered
176 Posts
It would be more then a little ironic if the showcasing of Mr. Vickers Super Blaster had the net net result of starting a huge search for $10 mag holders :eek:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackjack on 2001-05-15 11:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I just e-mailed the Gunsite Pro Shop to see if they'd like to comment on the possible whereabouts of the molds!

Mark in Memphis

G

·
I am also looking for those mag pouches, I followed up with Larry and Gunsite is the last place he saw them, does anyone else currently offer them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts