Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a 9x23 and already have a nice 38 Super slide laying around. Can I use this slide, or should I use nothing but a 9mm breachface? Thanks in advance.

Bill

G

·
Yes the super should work.

Colt made some slides with 2 different issues. One we ran into on Jerry Barnharts gun, the bolt face was .424 wide, when you set the extractor pressure it pushed the case sideways and caused feeding issues.

the other is a coltism also. sometimes when they cut the ejector cut in, it cuts into the side of the bolt face opposite the extractor. the "step" left can cause no or irratic (sp) ejection.

x23 rim is .388 ish, take a minute and measure the bolt face, hope for .410 or less, if more consider welding it up and edm ing it to spec. Caspian's run .408 and have no trouble at all. :smile:

geo ><>

ps, Jm10mm email me please
thanks

ps

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I have had -ZERO- problems building 9x23 or 9x21 guns for that matter, on 38 Super or 9mm slides. That said if I am doing it I prefer to use a Colt 9mm breach face or Caspian's 9mm slides, just because if it can go wrong it will go wrog.

There is a bit more to making a 9x23 run with factory ammo in 9x23 than one might first expect. George makes a bunch of them. So have I. I don't consider a beginners project if you want to have a relaible gun with factory Winchester ammo.

G

·
On 2001-11-06 20:42, Dane Burns wrote:

There is a bit more to making a 9x23 run with factory ammo in 9x23 than one might first expect. George makes a bunch of them. So have I. I don't consider a beginners project if you want to have a relaible gun with factory Winchester ammo.
I would like to agree if that is ok :wink:
in the last 2 weeks we finished 3 and primer flow with white box is a real issue! Just Turning firing pins can be a Pain.

geo ><>

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
George,

I'm REALLY not that hard to get along with :grin: If I were to have a 9x23 built by anyone else, you and Dick Heinie would be my first choices.

I have little patience and even less time to shoot so you can guess who I'd favor :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-11-06 22:05 ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.