Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the Springfield web sight and they did not mention anything about the 9x23 in a production pistol. Any input?

· Registered
225 Posts
On 2001-07-05 20:57, Tackleberry wrote:
I was on the Springfield web sight and they did not mention anything about the 9x23 in a production pistol. Any input?
No they are not. although they used to. They also don't make the Loaded model in .38super but do so in the milspec. I've bought a Loaded 9mm from them a while back and am planning on sending it off to Dane soon for a 9x23 makeover. I'm sure a milspec 38super wouldn't be a bad candidate either though if your looking to have a springer in 9x23...then agian you can hit the auction/sale boards/sites and probly find one there eventually.

hth,

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know where to find a Colt Enhanced in 9x23...i will just drop the coin for it and then have Dane make it reliable for me. They want $650 for it. Anyone think that is a fair price?

· Registered
225 Posts
On 2001-07-05 21:45, Tackleberry wrote:
I know where to find a Colt Enhanced in 9x23...i will just drop the coin for it and then have Dane make it reliable for me. They want $650 for it. Anyone think that is a fair price?
If its not a series 80 I'd say hell yes but even if it does have the 80 series parts I'd jump on it for that coin...kind of a collectors item really seeing as how they don't make them anymore. If you pass on it be sure to let us know where its at i'm sure someone here would want it... and if you do get it you owe us some pics before it goes to Dane!!! heheheheh

G

·
Actually,
You can order a 9x23 from Springfield at any time you would like.

It is available in single stack or highcap through the custom shop as a "loaded" through full house gun.

My last three guns took 6-8 weeks on average.

· Registered
225 Posts
On 2001-07-06 09:03, David DiFabio wrote:
Actually,
You can order a 9x23 from Springfield at any time you would like.

It is available in single stack or highcap through the custom shop as a "loaded" through full house gun.

My last three guns took 6-8 weeks on average.
well damn. I didn't know that. fyi- it took about six weeks for my 9mm to come in.

· Registered
473 Posts
Why not just ream the 9mm loaded chamber and put a beefier recoil spring in?
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jm10mm on 2001-07-06 20:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jm10mm on 2001-07-06 20:26 ]</font>

· Registered
225 Posts
On 2001-07-06 20:22, jm10mm wrote:
Why not just ream the 9mm loaded chamber and put a beefier recoil spring in?
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jm10mm on 2001-07-06 20:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jm10mm on 2001-07-06 20:26 ]</font>
I'm planning on having Dane do a frame recontour as well as a host other stuff at the same time to it so it's better if he does all that conversion stuff. :smile:

Eugene

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eugene D. Goodwin on 2001-07-07 14:24 ]</font>

G

·
FYI:
Deb,
Thank you the information, I have attached my pistol specifications and credit card information for invoicing.
I have requested my dealer Archery and Gun Outfitters to mail a signed FFL to you for delivery.
Thank you again and please feel free to contact me if there are any questions.

Thanks,
David DiFabio

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 9:45 AM
To: David DiFabio
Subject: RE: Custom Pistol Request

There is no form to fill out. Just make a list of the options you wish to have on the pistol and send it with the copy of the dealer's FFL. and the deposit, when you are placing the order. The required deposit is 1/3 of the cost of the pistol.

Springfield Custom
[email protected]
800-680-6866

Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 7:20 PM
To: 'Deb Else'
Deb,
Is their a form to fill out listing each option or do I just write it all out?
How much is the deposit?
Thanks,
David

Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 5:55 PM
To: David DiFabio

Thank you for your interest in Springfield Custom pistols! Since all custom pistols are built on a per order basis, we would be able to build the pistol to your exact specifications. Estimated cost for a pistol with the specifications listed below would be $2225, with an estimated delivery of 5-6 months from the date the order was received in our office, with a hand signed copy of the dealer's FFL and the required deposit.
Springfield Custom
[email protected]
800-680-6866
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2001 3:29 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Custom Pistol Request
Hello,
I am interested in a PC9102 in a hi-capacity frame 9x23 model.
With matte hard chrome finish, Novak Night Sights, Ambi tactical safeties, flgr, 30lpi front strap checkering and full carry bevel.
Do you make this model with these options; do you make a model that is similar?
If so, what is the delivery time and what is the approx cost.

· Registered
3,552 Posts
Springfield Custom
[email protected]
800-680-6866
Looks like a 9x23 FBI gun with Heinie's is in my future :grin:

David how would you compare the quality of the Springfield Custom shop guns compared to the guns as you order from small "custom" one man shops, for attention to detail and fit & finish?

What I REALLY want to know of course is will I have to rebuild the thing to be happy with it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-07-07 21:23 ]</font>

G

·
Dane,
I like the Springfield custom guns quite a bit, they are very good and would suffice for almost anyone that is not as discerning as I am without further modifications.

I was very, very, very detailed with this orderand I belive it should be a very good "custom" gun with a noted difference from the TRP PRO as a "custom" shop offering.

I will say that Springfields gunsmiths in the custom shop produce the best product of any large firms "custom" shops and the PC9102 exceeds the work of 98% of the true custom shops out there.

On another topic why don't you let them in on the other issues like the extractor and ejector and mag tension, before we see a run on 9x23 reamers?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.