Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Dane,
Is this one of your custom guns? I am asking because I thought I saw a post from you where you said you didn't think the smaller guns were reliable. Did I get that wrong? (It wouldn't be the first time)

Stay focused

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I was trying to hide this in another forum. It is a bad picture and tiny gun. Busted as usual :smile: Yes, I'll work on anything given enough time and money. Fred was kind enough to be patient with me.

I took this one on expecting a set of Heinie drop-ins to work for sights. It showed up with GI sights. Story is longer than that but I was happy with the finished product. Hopefully the owner will be also. He allowed me free rein on the mods.

I am not a big fan of the tiny guns for several reasons.

However I will have a compact "package" gun available soon that will be appropriate for the times I think. "The Judge" is how it is being labeled....or "Kasper" the GGs little brother, not sure yet:)

Can't decide how to market the name.....just don't leave home without the mind set or a gun these day! Bio suit isn't a bad idea either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-10-14 03:23 ]</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes, I'll work on anything given enough time and money.
Hi Dane,

Say, how much would it take to get one of these beauties to shoot 3" groups at 25 yards?

Do you think $5,000 and 5 years ought to cover it? :grin:

Seriously, glad to hear that a sub-government class gun is in the offing. While I understand and respect the professional preference for a 5" gun, I do feel that Commanders -- and perhaps even the subcompacts -- have a legitimate place for many of us. If an Officers/Defender class pistol could be turned out to the same exacting standards as a full size BCP, I just don't see how a guy could lose.

Chuck

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just want to echo what Dane is saying. It is open season on us. Behave accordingly

I've personally had a CCW for 8 years (since moving to OR) but didn't carry that frequently because I rarely went to "bad" parts of town.. That notion certainly changed on the 11th.

I've always enjoyed shooting, and do the occasional local steel / IPSC / IDPA match just to give me a reason to practice, plus I've always thought it good to play w/what you carry. I'm glad I've taken several defensive pistol courses the last few years so I feel comfortable and competent in knowing how and when to use defensive handgun.

So now I carry my G23 in a Bladetech IWB everywhere I go. And I'm much more alert of what's going around... And my wife doesn't complain about carrying the S&W 642 everywhere.

Those of us who are able to carry should do so. There aren't enough Feds and local law enforcement to protect our country. IMO It is the responsibility of every able bodied person defend themselves, and our great land.

OK, patriotic rant off. But seriously, we are at war whether we realize it or not...

Regards,
Francis

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5 LARGE will cover it Chuck. No shop or lag time either:)

My nephew dropped in for dinner this weekend. He graduated from the Air Force Academy last year and is now stationed locally waiting for fighter school. His father and I gave him a very nice 1911.

His commented yesterday that he would like to shoot with me more and do some H2H training. "While it is still fun, it is a lot more serious now...I may have to actually use these skills in the vary near future."

Pretty much sums it up around here.

·
Registered
218 Posts
While it's "open season on us", you are far more likely to have to use a firearm to defend yourself against a common thug than a terrorist. Don't change your mind-set so much that you overlook the garden-variety bad guy who might be looking to do you harm.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Autually if you play the percentages you are likely to never have to use anything....in self defense.

My point was tune up the common sense and wrap your survival around your mind set.

A smart man would have the tools available to solve his immediate problems.

A 45 won't stop a 757 doing 300 mph. A 45 won't stop a common thug from blind siding you if you are "asleep at the wheel".

·
Registered
988 Posts
Dane, when you get a compact package together that you would carry as your only piece, put me down for one. The theory has always intriqued me, especially when it shoots a real bullet [caliber].

Echo the "stay alert". Is it me, or is sh*t just getting more weird by the day? Had a 3 am visit from a guy a week or so ago...what a sight I must have been in my Danners, boxers, and running to the barn with a BCP. Thanks to a wonderful little puppy that we feed very well, the only energy I had to expend was the energy it takes to watch...for about 10 sec. Anyway, stay on your toes, and tell your family to do the same.

·
Registered
241 Posts
With a suspected drug dealer near-by and living on the wrong side of the tracks, it is rare that I leave without some 1911 style felon repellant.

In all seriousness, I'm a lot more cognizant of my surroundings now since I've been working with local LEO's regarding a certain house in our neighborhood.

I'm never more than a couple seconds away from a firearm,,,,and honestly, that just sucks.

Its a shame that I've gotta,,,,or anybody has to go to those measures in their own home.

Thanks,
H4444

·
Registered
403 Posts
h4444,

It's true it does suck. But imagine how much more it would suck if you couldn't have access to a firearm. I feel for your situation, and congratulate you on your efforts to take back your streets. Another brave soul in a pasture of sheeple.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
...No doubt and don't think yer' alone out here either

...I love it...

"...I've got my world ta' live in...an' I ain't gonna' copy YOU..."

Hendrix...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.