Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it. It is actuallly raining outside. I haven't seen any rain since June.

At least it is knocking off some the dust out back on the new pistol range! I haven't got the contractor out to lay down the gravel yet. So, it is very dusty out there. Horribly, horribly, fine powder dusty out there.

G

·
Monty,
You are making me homesick, the smell of the desert after a rain brings back memories.

As a boy I can remember how the rains on our mountains brought the rattlers down into the valley often ending up in and around our yard.

When we lived in Cruces I could watch as the rain crossed over "A" mountain and the rainbows would appear.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David,

Funny you should mention the mountains east of Cruces. My girlfriend's family owns a horse farm out at La Mesa. About half way between Cruces and El Paso. Very nice farm, very nice horses!

I do love that view in the East. You are right! The mountains after a good rain, and out pops a rainbow. Doesn't get much better.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hey, Monty:
Supposed to get RAIN!!! here tomorrow morning. :smile:

Yeah, yeah...I know, them Nevadan's is all loony...but consider that to date this year (just totalled it up), we've had less that 1.5" of precipitation! Now then, gotta get back to dancin'. Anyone here know how to do 'The Swim'? :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dpcdivr on 2001-10-29 21:06 ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.