Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of kydex holsters and really like them but I am a little concerned that the stiff Kydex will not be as comfortable as a leather when it comes to all day wear. I am considering the Blade-tech IWB and would like to hear some comments based on EXPERIENCE on the comfort of kydex IWB vs Leather IWB. Also, how well do they work sitting and driving

·
Registered
169 Posts
Conventional wisdom usually says that a leather IWB will be more comfortable than a kydex IWB, but that wasn't the case with me. For my body shape and size the leather I tried was VERY uncomfortable for me.

I switched to a Blade-Tech IWB and found it was considerably more comfortable than the leather I tried. I really believe this is one of those things you're going to have to find out for yourself by trial and error. Good luck with your quest.

·
Registered
420 Posts
See, with me the Blade Tech IWB was totally unbearable. "We're all the same but different."
IWB rigs are rarely as comfortable as a belt holster.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Have had 3 or 4 Blade Tec IWB's for Glocks & a Kimber Compact. These had the way to flexible "Tire-Innertube" type belt loops. Found them absolutely unsatifactory. Moved on to Ky-Tac's "Braveheart" IWB & Frank Spezzano's Cen-Dex IWB. Both of them WORK. In leather Lou Alessi's "Hard Shell" Talon+ is hard to beat for both comfort & versatility. Actually able to use the Talon+ on pants with integral web belts & "Levi's" without belt.

G

·
I have also tried multiple types of Kydex IWB including BladeTech, and FIST.
I belive that they are good products but they do not "give" as much as leather and they also feel like a "gun" in my waistband.

With a good IWB like Rosen's ARG or Alessi's IWB I do not feel the gun all day, I rarely notice it is there.

I believe that this is because the leather has a more natural feel and it also gets softer with wear and use.
I know some do not like these traits but I have grown to prefer them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I tried kydex as an IWB holster and found it totally unsatisfactory, although I acknowledge this is a highly subjective area.

If you decide on leather, give the Burns/Alessi GWH a shot. I got one recently and find it first rate in both design and quality of construction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.