Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took possion of a 1911A1 Springfield 9 x 23 today. Had two jams out of first 50 rounds. I am getting a fine metal shaving off the ejected cartridge that is keeping the next round from seating. Had to tap the slide pretty good to free it up. Anybody have a solution?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While it is not a new gun, it is in almost new condition. Meg-Gar magazine and Winchester White Box 124 Gr JSP loads. Shoots very well when not jammed up.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Check the extractor tension, if its too stiff it could be shaving the sides of the rim. Do a reliability job and polish the breech,ramp and throat and see what happens. Also check other mags,Wilson if you have or can borrow one. My SA runs with whatever I can get in the chamber. Never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey John Harrison, what do you think? Got time to do some tinkering with this. I can drive up one day if you have the time. Might need another beavertail and such.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way, jm10mm, thanks for the feedback. I have always dealt with various shotguns, rifles and revolvers. These 1911s can get to be habit forming real quick though. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.