Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a couple boxes of this stuff at the gun show today, at 12 bucks a pop. It LOOKS to be the standard SXT bullet, and came in a plain white box. What can you guys tell me about this load?

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If I had half a brain I would have scrolled a little further down and found the answer to my question :wink:

I think I should go back and scam some more of this stuff tomorrow :smile:

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, now I'm really confused :lol: David, not to long ago you said, regarding the Q4280:

Yes,
Under the "older" part numbering system this is the Ranger loading with "talons".

Under the new system identifyable by the tan box you need to look for the R designation.
Did you come across some new information or something, that led you to change your mind?

The other thing I might mention is the bullets themselves. They have SIX notches in the tip of the bullet, and to the best of my knowledge the non-Talon bullets, ie the commercial Supreme SXT, have EIGHT.

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5. .300 Win Magnum 190gr GA300RSXTM, 190gr BTHP T loading for special contract run using nickled cases, white box only.
Ahhhhh, Secret Service load perhaps?

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't know if this helps or not but the ammo is headstamped with

WCC +P+ on the Top
and 9 5 on the bottom

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also,

Box is labeled on the end:

127gr +p+ SXT (Non-Lubalox Coating)

IE, no 'Black Talon' coating.

Sure looks like the 'gold' talons to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.