Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this back from George and his guys (Jim and Joe) after they fixed a small cosmetic flaw in the slide to comp fit. The platers had rounded the edges causing a gap to form when they plated.

I think it came out quite nice...the metal work turn out nice.blended where needing blending and keeping the straight lines straight.
Shooting the gun is quite easy..The sight stays on target through rapid fire and tracks easily in multiple target drills..I have maybe 400 rounds through it with no malfunctions at all..this came ready to rock out of the box. It is in 38 super and so far had shot handloads and factory silvertips with no problems..even snuck some 9x23 in it with no problems..
It was built up as a carry gun too. I know that is not everyones cup ot tea, but its my gun. :grin: It is about 1/8 inch longer than my 5" gun and fits most my leather..So far it carries pretty well, but i haven't had it on for more than a few hours.

EGW also has done some cleanup and reliability stuff on two 45s; the 5-inch in the photo and a series 70 commander...all have been reliable and accurate from the day I opened the shipping box.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eerw on 2001-11-09 16:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Birch,

Thanks..

I have no trouble tracking front sight. In fact it is slightly easier than tracking my 5" gun. The sight seems to return quite easliy. In what little low light testing I have done. The muzzle flash does not seem to be an issue as it appears above the gun out of my line of sight rather than in front of the muzzle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eerw on 2001-11-09 21:34 ]</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.