Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Just out of curiousity, why are you considering S&W sights instead of modern Bo Mar or Wilson adjustable? Or even fixed sights? My understanding is that they were popular at one point but are sharp and not as strong as more modern sight set ups. Just curious.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, thank you kindly, blackjack and so! Helped me out.

Hoser, I am not really interested in purchasing them. For a carry gun my choice is Heinie. I just wondered what they looked like as I have not run across a gun so equipped in person.

They are rather handsome on the more classic pieces.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: telackey on 2001-06-06 23:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
31 Posts
S&W sights.....

Have a Bud price Commander and a Super also with S&Ws..Might post some photos[ if I can figure out how to do it]. Would there be interest in photos of old Nastoff, Novak, Price, Pegram, Deem, and Vickers guns..Details like types of slide serations, sights, mag wells etc....????????

outa here

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I always wondered what Hack was doing with a Seneca hat since he doesn't climb AFAIK. Guess this answers that conection :grin: Lets see those pictures!

·
Registered
391 Posts
If you look at Armand Swenson's K sight installations, you will see that he added a round head cap screw to the front strap of the sight to try to keep it from shearing by inertia. In quyite a few instances, he was unsuccessful. His method of cutting a groove all the way to the port was the problem. When I mounted a K I left a radius near the port and fitted the signt tightly into the radius, then used a much larger screw that fit into a countersink that made a tight fit on the anchor screw. The K sight was made for revolvers and did not resist the inertia of travel on a pistol slide very well.
The last such installation was over 30 years ago. While some installations featured a contoured slide cut that left just a thousandth clearance at the rear and blended well into the slide, it was always a makeshift to avoid using a high rear adjustable like the original Micro.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.