Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
798 Posts
Ah-HA.
My Kadet on a pre B '75 is spotty on ignition with Wolff mainspring. Good enough for practice with Federals, even the cheapest and I figured an occasional .22 misfire was worth the lighter DA and still reliable 9mm ignition; but I will still put in for the new firing pin, now that I know about it.
However, ejection is dismal, a magazine without a smokestack or, worse, a case trapped on the left side, is a rare occurrence.
A CZ shooter (the only other one at our state IDPA shoot) said he had one conversion and two guns. It ejected ok on one but not the other. I will light them up on the subject and let you know what I learn.

· Registered
798 Posts
I called Mike at CZ-USA immediately after my last post on Monday.
He had me a firing pin kit and new ejector in Friday's mail.
Now that is service.
I just got to try it today. No misfires except one on a Golden Bullet so old it was in a Peters box. Everything ejected well except the cheap grade Value Pack Wal-Mart Federals that I stocked up on because they gave the fewest misfires with the round firing pin - but the most smokestacks. I'll use them up in my Ace and shoot Super-X in the Kadet, it seems to like them the best, now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.