Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this site/forum and was wondering if anyone had any insight/experience with the new polymer frame Kahr 9mm. I just bought the gun and have probably fired around 150-200 rounds of regular PMC (nothing hot).

I didn't notice this when I bought it, but now it seems there is a little "play" between the polymer frame and the slide assembly. Not a whole lot, but if I move the
gun back and forth in regular handling, you can hear the loose fit. It's most pronounced
at the muzzle. I can grab the slide and move it side to side on the frame ..I'm guessing...about 1/8th of an inch.

Any thoughts appreciated.

JLW

·
Registered
720 Posts
Does it shoot accurately? Is it reliable?

I've had a Kahr P9 for a while. Carry it every day and trust it completely. It shoots great!

You know, I never thought to check the slide to frame fit until I read your post.

I just checked it now. It is not tight. I'll bet most are not tight by design.

You know why I had never checked it before?

It doesn't mean anything.

My most accurate .45 has a somewhat loose slide to frame fit. I can push the barrel hood down a little while it's in battery. Shoots under 2" at 50 yards off sandbags. I suspect the barrel returns to the same position each cycle without a tight fit.

I notice that many gunstore hobos want to check the slide/frame fit on every semi-auto they pick up and pronounce to all their opinion of the fit. It's something to talk about.

Now putting on my flame retarding Nomex suit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I sent an e-mail to Kahr regarding the fit and have yet to hear back. Otherwise, the P9
seems great.

Sorry if this wasn't exact forum for the post.

Looking forward to joining in.

JLW

·
Registered
148 Posts
FWIW...

I have a K9 I bought used. I noticed that the slide/frame fit was a bit loose, but got a good price.

Long story short, this gun shoots as well as I can control the DA trigger-very accurate, TOTALLY reliable. I began to suspect the rattlingly loose fit was by design, then I just stopped caring since the darn thing shoots so well. If your's does, too, I'd suggest the same.

Larry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.