Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
I had a P32 for a little while, the point of aim (sight) is not well regulated and it generally underwhelmed me. This is not a slam at all but, my advice would be to trade it in and get one of the new NAA Guardian's in .32 or jump up to the LWS 32.
I would'nt bother with the "new" .380 models as you gain nothing but increased recoil and decreased magazine capacity.

· Registered
210 Posts
I have one. Actually, it belongs to my wife. I am impressed by it's accuracy. The sites on ours are very well regulated.
We haven't run a lot of rounds through it, so I can't address the breakage issue. We shoot it enough to keep my wife proficient.
I'd be more comfortable if she carried something with a little more juice, but it's so light and thin, I know she will always have it with her, rather than stashed away at home.

· Registered
46 Posts
Our club in central Florida held a P-32 only match one day and called it the KelTec cup. We tried to get KelTec to sponser it, but they did not respond. It was probably in their best interest, if they would have had a rep present, he would have been deluged with gun problems. We supplied the ammunition, American I believe. I think this contributed to a lot of the FTF problems. I think the extractors need some attention. One fellow's slide followed his round downrange. Needless to say, more than a few individuals will not trust their life to these pistols in the future.

I have one, and with good ammunition, functions well. Once you get used to the sights, they are adequate when you consider having a pocket pistol is better than having nothing at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CitrusDude on 2001-06-10 21:17 ]</font>

· Registered
87 Posts
I have tested the P32 up to 200% powder charge with a trigger string. At that point the case bulges.

I TIG welded up the feed ramp and rechamnered the 32 acp chamber. I re cut the feed ramp so the case was supported past the case web. I then tested to 250% powder charge with trigger strings. I repeated many times and no wear to the pistol.

I attempted working up a load hand held [without trigger string]. Almost no increase of powder is possible due to painful recoil.

The bottom line is: it is one tough little gun. It could use some higher force recoil springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.