Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a .22 target rifle and have an interest in the above 2 rifles.

The Kimber is available from the CMP. The good part is it being available from the CMP and, being made when Kimber was in Oregon, may have some collector value. They are also suppose to be quite accurate.

The Savage comes with the Accu-Trigger and target sights, with front sights inserts. It is also current production and has a good reputation for accuracy.

The downside to a Kimber is that parts are hard to obtain and it costs twice what the Savage does.

Thoughts on which is more cost-effective for infomal club matches?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a Kimber 82G and I love it. After spending years looking through riflescopes I've found that I love the iron sights. These sights are better than anything you'll find on a Savage. I'm not putting Savage down, on the contrary, I own two, a F class and a model 10 and I wouldn't sell either of them. The Kimbers you get from the CMP are a steal at $600. They're new rifles with a forend rail, hand stop, target adjustable peep sights with inserts, butt spacers, and a nice adjustable trigger. I saw a used one on Cabelas for $1100.00, I like to call it the " poor mans Anschutz ". You won't be disappointed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts