Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went and fired my recently acquired Kimber classic today and wasn't expecting too much but when I fired it the sights were dead on shot after shot and no jams with three different people shooting it(only fired about 25rds. because of time constraints).

Don't know about any of thier other products but I do know that the only reason I bought a Kimber in the first place is because Dane said their the best value in off the shelf 1911's and he was right as far as I'm concerned. I even like the grip safety and I thought I wouldn't.

I'm the last person to be considered rki on anything, much less 1911's, but damn if this thing isn't nicer than I ever thought even with only a few rounds through it. we'll see how it holds up. and what hep[pens when I puta regular recoil spring guide and plug in it.

can you guess which is the Kimber?? :grin: :grin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Hellooooooooooo!!!

This is my first post here on Pistolsmith!!! By the way, the Kimber is the bottom weapon!

I just got my first and thus far only weapon a few month ago and it was a Kimber Custom. I love it and have shot about 2000 rounds thus far. I hope to get a Custom Target next time but for now I'll make do with my one gun arsenal!!! :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On 2001-06-20 21:28, Yakko77 wrote:
Hellooooooooooo!!!

This is my first post here on Pistolsmith!!! By the way, the Kimber is the bottom weapon!

I just got my first and thus far only weapon a few month ago and it was a Kimber Custom. I love it and have shot about 2000 rounds thus far. I hope to get a Custom Target next time but for now I'll make do with my one gun arsenal!!! :smile:
Helloooo Yakko! :smile: Welcome aboard.

I've posted about this Kimber in a few other threads...it has just about surpassed the Wilson in my standing(which really don't mean all that much).

One gun beats no gun everytime.

have fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Hellooooooooooo!!!

Thank you for the welcome Mr. Goodwin. I think I'll enjoy this forum alot. I also post on a Kimber message board (Unofficial Kimber Firearms Forum) but I believe I'll get alot more unbiased opinions here. I know for a fact I'll get another Kimber sometime but what else is good in .45 cal? I'm no gun expert and that's why I'm so glad to have discovered this forum, to find out from others more information and opinions. I've rented smaller calibre guns but am in love with the .45 and I have a soft spot for the .44 mag revolver which may be my next firearm. Any suggestions? Thank you again for the welcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
You forgot to put the safety on your Kimber.:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
JohnnyO, I was thinking the same thing. :smile:

But back to the Kimbers. Mr. Goodwin, I have the stainless version of your pistol, the Classic Stainless. And I also have the other one you want, a Classic Stainless Target. They are both great pistols. Would not part with them for any price.

My CS, which I got about two years ago, had the POS slide stop and a too tight chamber. After taking care of these two issues, it has been 100% ever since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
John, Wasn't your CS reworked by Brian B? I remember liking that gun very much. Brian did a great job with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
Both of my Kimbers were worked on by Bilby Bob. I was very fortunate to have known him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On 2001-06-21 00:08, Yakko77 wrote:
Hellooooooooooo!!!

Thank you for the welcome Mr. Goodwin. I think I'll enjoy this forum alot. I also post on a Kimber message board (Unofficial Kimber Firearms Forum) but I believe I'll get alot more unbiased opinions here. ~snip~
Your quite welcome Yakko. this is a great board with more excellent info to be had from very knowledgeable people than I can even keep up with :grin:

On 2001-06-21 10:24, JohnnyO wrote:
You forgot to put the safety on your Kimber.:wink:
:grin: Johnny, I didn't even realize it till I had already uploaded the pic...it's harder than I thought to take a good detailed pic of black 1911's..and the whole time I was moving them around to get decent lighting(not sure I was successful) I never noticed :grin:

On 2001-06-21 11:01, John Forsyth wrote:
JohnnyO, I was thinking the same thing. :smile:

But back to the Kimbers. Mr. Goodwin, I have the stainless version of your pistol, the Classic Stainless. And I also have the other one you want, a Classic Stainless Target. They are both great pistols. Would not part with them for any price.

My CS, which I got about two years ago, had the POS slide stop and a too tight chamber. After taking care of these two issues, it has been 100% ever since.
Mr. Forsyth, Thanks for the info I'll be giving the Wilson a good cleanin' and then see what happens. The Kimbers seem to be a very great deal for the money in comparison though for sure I've sure taken quite a liking to mine. A stainless may well be in my future and will likely be sent to Dane for a thourough makeover.

To have had your Kimbers worked on by Mr. Bilby makes the ones you have very special. I only wish I would have "tuned in" to the 1911forum sooner so I could have known more about him and maybe even had the fortune of communicating with him. just reading some of his posts there, as well as comments from those who knew him, and seeing his work it seems he was indeed a great man.

On 2001-06-21 16:07, Blackjack wrote:
Handsome Kimber Eugene, lets know how it does
for you.
Thank you Blackjack I sure will. So far so good. gonna put a few hundred more through it this weekend as well as the Wilson.

***
And one last thing:
:smile: and I ain't that old yet :grin:

Regards,
Eugene
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Eugene, I know what you mean about taking gun pics. I tried taking some of a gun I had for sale. Used a 35mm and had pics developed on a disk, so I could download them onto my hard drive. I must have taken 15-20 pics and only 2 or 3 were good enough to post. I do need to get a digital camera, though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
~snip~
I do need to get a digital camera, though...
Yep. I hesitated buying a digicam for a while but now I take the darn thing everywhere. If your looking into one consider the Sony Mavica (I've got a FD-73)...they are easy to use(uses floppy disks) and take zoom lenses and other accesories etc(I don't have any for mine yet)and uses rechargeable battery's.

_________________

Eugene

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eugene D. Goodwin on 2001-06-21 21:21 ]</font>
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top