Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at picking one up in 40 for IDPA ESP and IPSC L10..Any headaches with this model..The one I was looking at looking pretty good. The barrel fit felt pretty good..trigger seemed a bit heavy, but not fixable...What I don't recall now is how is the front sight installed? is it a dovetail..also I was wanting to have slant pro put in..but Heinie's website says they have suspended sales of that model due to some POI problems with Kimbers...anyone know where I can get one???thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
Regarding the Slant Pros, the last message I seen from Richard stated that he's restarted the sale of his sights for Heinie. Give him a call. I think he should be able to do the install with a good turnaround time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mute on 2001-05-01 12:09 ]</font>

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just took delivery of a Classic Stainless a few days ago. This is my 2nd Kimber, the first being a new CDP that I acquired in January of this year. The front sight is dovetailed.

Got to admit, I read a lot of posts, and some flame wars, over at The 1911 Forum that concerned Kimber's quality. (In fact, it was one of those posts that pointed me to this web site!) As I had indicated to my dealer that if a Classic Stainless happened to be in his initial order to Kimber for 2001 I would probably buy it, I was really committed to the gun before I had the opportunity to put my hands on it - although I know my dealer would have worked with me.

As it turns out, the Classic Stainless I took delivery of is every bit as well fitted and finished as my Ultra CDP. In fact, when handled along side that gun, I really can't tell much difference in the trigger pulls. Makes me wonder if the Stainless is better than average, or my CDP may not be as good as it should - even though both are crisp. The finish is even and although I have only put 1 mag load of Wolf hardball through it to date, it functioned with those 8 rounds perfectly. That same ammo tends to lock the slide on my CDP prematurely.

Based on my experiance so far (in .45ACP), I would say go with the Classic Custom - although you are considering a different caliber.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts