Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this is a question for Dane, and I might be overstepping the bounds of etiquette asking it on a public forum, but I'm hoping for others with more experience than I have to chime in as well.

I have a new (to me) Kimber Classic Royal. It's a decent gun, but I'd like to have it worked over by Dane. I'm especially interested in the Fed Package that he builds.

However, I'm not the most patient guy in the world :smile:. Dane, how's your backlog, and how long would I expect to wait for the Fed package?

Conversely, does it make more sense to keep the Kimber as-is and place an order for one of Dane's new off-the-shelf guns from P-T Partners? It has all of the features I want. And I suspect the wait would be shorter.

Dang. Decisions, decisions. Any advice?
Chad

·
Registered
209 Posts
Okay... Since you asked... :grin:

Buy the BCP at Terry's, send the Kimber to Dane for a "FED" upgrade, AND order a Full House BCP custom.

That'll provide the "immediate" fix, a "booster shot", and something to have created "personally" for you as an "heirloom" piece. :wink:

Now all I need to do is convince the wife that I HAVE to buy 2 more guns, and wait a couple years for one of them :grin:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Chad:

I am in a similar situation. I have a gun on long-term order with Dane, and in the meantime have sent him my Kimber Gold Combat for a FED package / re-work. Although we did not speak about time, the impression I got was reworking a pistol requires less wait than a floor-up build of a custom.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Speaking of the FED and Terry @ P&T, anyone see the latest giveaway deal in GUNS Magazine?

Enter and WIN a BCP FED from P&T Partners...

It's not on the website yet, but I saw it in the magazine, and suspect it will showup on the website in the next week or so since the AR50 entry deadline is tomorrow.

Bruce... There's still a chance for us poor BCP junkies :grin:

G

·
Is Terry stocking these BCP Pro Fed package guns yet?
The giveaway gun is indeed understated, clean, and very nice, jsut the way I like them.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Dane and Terry are still working together. We sold out a year's production in short order so at the moment Terry is no long taking orders for them. That way we keep a reasonable delivery schedule.

Success is a good and a bad thing in this case.

On another note Terry will have several full house 5" BCP guns soon. And knowing Terry getting one of those wouldn't be that difficult :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-06-16 11:39 ]</font>

·
Registered
171 Posts
will you guys quit flappin' your "soup-coolers" about this weapon!!! I just moved to Texas, bought a house; start a new job and now this stuff.....!!! I listen to this crap and realize I am within striking range of Terry's shop....I guess the girlfriend will understand why we won't have any furniture for awhile...... The nutritional content of popcorn is entirely under-rated. :smile:

But, I can "sell her" that the house will be well protected... What do you think??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.