Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
384 Posts
A lot of discussions about this very subject went on over on 1911forum.com and thefiringline.com. The general consensus is that the best value in the Kimber lines is the base model. Their custom shop leaves a bit to be desired.

· Registered
384 Posts
Nice pics, Dane. What model is that last one and what type of finish does it have?

By the way, what is the turnaround time on a lightly tuned Kimber? Basically, just a reliability package, night sights, scallops, and hardchrome?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: buzz_knox on 2001-04-14 16:45 ]</font>

· Registered
384 Posts
The reason I ask is that I was thinking of taking a 1911 to LFI-2 in August. I've got a Kimber that works well (fell in love with it again last night after shooting a personal best, and even beating out my newly acquired P7). I was just wondering if I'd be able to get a slightly tuned one in time.

Okay, okay. I just want a custom piece. Can you blame me? :smile: And for some reason, neither the Baers or Wilsons I was looking at exactly flip my switch. It seems that a slightly tuned Kimber would be as better for the same price or less expensive for the same quality.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: buzz_knox on 2001-04-14 17:01 ]</font>

· Registered
384 Posts
Given that I've only seen a couple of Wilsons and Baers and none of your work, I was operating only off of second-hand information. So, I played to the side of caution. I apologize for giving offense by my comparison, and my now deleted comment. It was intended only as a light-hearted jab. I did not conceive for a moment that it would be construed by anyone as an actual insult to your abilities.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: buzz_knox on 2001-04-14 17:44 ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.