Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I called Kreb's shop recently and was told by an employee that he is not doing any 1911 work these days. The guy said they are working on getting their ak rifle production up and running. Does anyone know if this is the case? He said I might be able to call and talk to Marc personally and get him to do a 1911 but that he was not doing any these days and it would have to be something I arranged with him. It would be nice to have him building 1911's again as I understand he turns out some beautiful guns.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I spoke to him a few months ago, and he still builds a "production custom" 1911 called the PointMan (I think he does full-house guns too), though he said he does them only sporadically. Tom Givens, the noted firearms trainer, has one and loves it... it's his daily carry gun. The gun has a slightly milled-out recess on the front strap, into which 3M non-skid material is set flush (like skateboard tape). An alternative to checkering/stippling, which some really like.

I got the impression from him that most of his time and energy is going into his AK's, which look awesome, btw.

http://www.krebscustom.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mall Ninja on 2001-06-05 02:23 ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.