Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Kydex belt holsters what is the difference between a straight drop and a canted one?

Is the canted one more comfortable when sitting in a car?

Does it make it any easyer to draw from?

What one is the most popular and why?

·
Registered
58 Posts
1. the straight drop requires an more vertical draw while the forward cant requires a more forward (toward your target) draw.

2. the vertical holster places the butt of the gun more to the rear which can press against your seat back. it also carries you muzzel lower which could press into the seat cushion. the canted holster clears both the back and seat more readily but the heel of the butt rides higher and can press into your ribs.

3. the further back that you wear your gun the more cant you will need for a smooth draw unless you have short arms and twist well. it has been my experience, that a shorter torso or higher waist (without shorter arms) draws better with a bit more cant because it gains distance to clear the holster when the shoulder rolls forward.

4. i prefer the vertical draw worn on the point of the hip (3 o'clock) because that's where my duty gun rides...and i can do this with a light jacket, but...
i go with a canted holster under a t-shirt or golf shirt because i move it back for improved concealment.

you have to fit your holster to your style of dress

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.