Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a played out discussion, but my question to the moderator or others who know is: will an internal lasermax sight effect the accuracy or performance of a fine weapon like my Wilson Protector?

Thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
I am not an expert on this matter as I have never owned a laser for use on any of my guns, however, if I had concerns about a laser I would get one of the models that is mounted on the grips. I can't see how that could "monkey wrench" your reliability in any way. New things scare me a bit as I am a reliability freak. The only ones I think are worth looking into are the grip lasers and the M-6 light for 3rd gen glocks that has a laser under the flashlight. Good luck, let us know.

Jake

·
Registered
391 Posts
If a plastic follower rod and a special 16 pound recoil spring will upset the plotting of a pistolsmith's result, you might, indeed, want to go to the Lasergrips.
However, I find that the Lasermax is not subject to the parallax problem that plagues the grip mounted laser. While it is stronger and shows up in daylight, any deviation from sight-in throws the grip mounted laser's point of impact off by a considerable amount. The internal mounted laser does not move point of impact with changes in distance, but it is not quite as powerful as the grip mounted type. However, it is superb for darkness or semi-darkness, and this, it seems to me, is the purpose of a laser sight: Shooting with great accuracy when the sights are not visible.
I have one of each mounted on pistols, and, like all tools, they have strong points and limitations. As Dirty Harry noted, "Ya gotta know your limitations."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.