Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happens in a 9mm..The last round in magazine will not exit gun..It lays there on the magazine..The extractor tension is allright..Have this happen with several mec-gar magazines..That is the only brand I have.
Hope someone can help me with this ...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Please give us more detail about the malfunction. What do you mean by "leave the gun?" Live round or spent brass? Is it failing to eject? Is your ejector loose? What checks did you perform for extractor tension?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With ammo in the magazine everything works like it is supposed to..The last round fired the empty case is not ejected it stays on top of magazine..When worked by hand it seems that the extractor looses the case as soon as the chamber is cleared,leaving the case just laying on top of magazine..Extractor tension tested at 2lbs and the fireing pin stop is very tight,I do not believe it is clocking.
I tried several Mec-Gar magazines and a SA mag. with a strange X shaped follower with no difference in performance..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem solved I believe..
Had too much radius on lower corner of extractor.Changed parts and it seems to work as it should,cycled by hand..Will know better when I get to the range and shoot it..
Thanks guys for the help..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.