Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone point me to directions for completely dis-assembling and re-assembling an LDA. I've gotten a bit more cautious since I completely dis-assembled my dad's 1911 (without any directions for reassembly) 48 years ago. I remember reassembling it by trial and error under his watchful eye. Then came the discussion of why it was necessary to take it apart in the first place.

Anyway, I need to do a detail cleaning and I don't feel inclined to pay a gunsmith to do it.

Thanks.

Tom

· Registered
3 Posts
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm a newbie, and I've just pulled my Para LDA apart (which is why I was snooping this thread). Steve's Pages has an exploded view of a Para LDA, which is about all I've got to go on at this point, so the original inquirey still has a few curious minds wanting to know. If I can't get it back together, I'll put it on the coffee table and tell friends it's an expensive tavern puzzle.

· Registered
3 Posts
Well, it's not going out on the coffee table quite yet. The exploded diagram was quite helpful, but it took a number of tries to get a couple of springs oriented correctly so that it would function properly. I gave it a thorough cleaning, which it needed, and a Graphite Black Cerrakote finish over the shiny stainless. It is a bit tighter in fit, and just a bit sluggish going into battery. I put about fifty rounds through it, and the accuracy is a bit improved, although it will need a few more rounds through it for break-in. My earlier joke about the tavern puzzle turned out to be a fair comparison.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts