Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am anticipating the plunge into reloading (I have to get that new gun first :smile: ) and have been looking around for good prices.

http://www.theshop.net/chas/sureshot/products.htm has the best I have seen so far. Has anybody used them? or know of a place cheaper? I am not really interested in casting at the moment...

How about good places to order powder?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Shipping bullets is expensive, so be sure to factor that into your decision. The closer the company is to you, the cheaper the shipping should be.

Shipping powder is also expensive because of the hazmat fees. It makes sense to buy 8+ pounds at a time, but you'd better be sure you're getting the right powder for whatever you're going to load.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I suggest you join a club or talk to other shooters at the range you plan to shoot at. I shoot jacketed and plated bullets only and a group of us pool our orders for bullets, primers and powder a couple of times a year. You be surprised at how much of a discount you can get when your ordering 50M+ bullets. Plus you spread the hazmat fee over a bigger order has less of an impact on each small order on powder and primers as well. The closer bullet supplier to where you live the better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.