Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I'm about to be the proud papa to a new baby Baer, I noticed that their website says that they are "a precision made firing pin with .067 diameter that fits our own slides."

What does that mean? Are Baer's firing pins a non-standard size?

Will aftermarket firing pins fit? I prefer Wilson's, but their web comment above makes me wonder if Baer's FP's are something special?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Shane, I covered you on another board, but for those that don`t know here, the pin is the same as a standard 1911 pin, the only thing different is that its smaller in diameter for the first quarter of it from the point back, and ofcourse the firing pin hole is smaller than standard.. This is to prevent primer flow/smear?
-Gilmore

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Have you got a Brownells' catalog Shane? They may have that info under the pages with other firing pins on them....You might even be able to find it at Brownells site...

g'luck....Hah!, as if you needed it with that nasty new toy!!!
I can't believe you're getting your emergency tool bag together for it already!

LOL!!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, unfortunately Brownell's doesn't have Baer parts - already checked! I'll have to wait for a response to the email I sent to Baer directly.

About that "emergency tool bag", you know me too well, don't ya! :wink:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Shane:

I just did a search for a replacement firing pin for my SA Champion, to replace the titanium f/p. The SA Champion also uses 9mm/38S size f/p.

Check Brownell's Catalog 53, page 79, #087-205-826. That appears suitable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.