Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me wiht this?
The grip safety on my Premier 2 does not work, I can pull the trigger without having my hand around the grip safety.
Can I adjust this myself, or must I send back to Les Bear?

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
You need to send it back to Baer, sorry :sad: On a high note though they will want it back directly, I suspect, since the gun is considered unsafe in that condition unless the grip safety was intentionally deactivated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-05-10 21:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't feel to bad. I bought a new Colt LW Commander a few years ago and found that pressing the trigger moved the grip safety until the sear released the hammer. Upon examination, I found the tab of the grip safety was actually radiused which formed a cam surface so that the trigger cammed the sear into firing. Never could get the thing to not jam a couple of times out every hundred rounds of hard ball either. Sold it and learned from the new owner that his gunsmith told him the chamber was not in line with the bore which caused the problem. The big name "custom" gunsmith I gave over$500 dollars to didn't really do the reliability job well. I guess no one's perfect anymore.

Marty U.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: martyu on 2001-08-15 17:12 ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts